Nordic Innovation House Community Director Hong Kong
Nordic Innovation House in Hong Kong is looking for a fulltime Community Director.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional - to be part of our Team to help high-growth Nordic companies faster to market with reduced risk. The Team will play a key role in developing networks and implementing activities for Nordic companies looking to enter the APAC market. Potential candidates must have the ability to combine an entrepreneurial mindset with networking skills aimed toward the Hong Kong, China's Greater Bay and APAC startup community as well as professional service providers.
The Community Director will report to a steering group consisting of the representatives of the collaboration, which are the Trade Promotion Offices and Embassies/Consulates from the Nordic countries, and work closely on a regular basis with those representatives from all partners. The Steering Committee is headed by Business Sweden who will have the overall HR responsibilities for the Community Director. The position will be based in Hong Kong. Some travel, including annual trip to Nordic countries, will be required.
The candidate will be responsible to lead the house and for running the daily operations, including events, delegations, PR, social media, as well as offering incubatees introductions to relevant tech networks, e.g. mentors, investors and potential business partners, as well as other business stakeholders in the innovation ecosystem in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
- Develop, manage and coordinate efforts and operations to build a strong community of Nordic and local / regional startup ecosystems, with coverage of Greater Bay area from Hong Kong where main focuses will be on Hong Kong and Shenzhen
- Nurture and expand the Nordic Innovation House network of startups
- Build and maintain relationship with members, investors, local stakeholders and partners
- Build and manage a community across forums and social media platforms to drive engagement
- Plan and execute community events and promotions for members, partners, the local tech community, and the public
- Provide input on the strategic planning and business development of Nordic Innovation House
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Reporting, co-ordination, steering and execution based on decision from the steering group locally and on a global level from all the houses
- 10 years working experience with 3-5 years of relevant work experience (preferably as a community manager)
- Experiences working I a corporate environment, larger organization with structure and different stakeholders are important
- Passionate for entrepreneurial communities, with network in Hong Kong’s start-up and tech-scene. Experience of working in a co-working space/incubator/accelerator is a plus
- Experience from tech start-ups and stakeholder management is an advantage
- High proficiency in English and a Nordic language. Additional language skills (Cantonese, Mandarin) are advantages
- An active user of popular social media platforms with strong social media skills and interests
- Ability to interpret social data, e.g. website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a result-oriented mind
- Great communication skills with on-stage presentations experience
- Good team player, outgoing and proactive personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Degree holder, degree/interest in tech as well as experience in marketing, public relations or communications is highly desired
- Can run own operation and build a team
- Have sales experience to make value offer to members
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the position please contact Stacey Sit, Stacey.Sit@business-sweden.se or via phone: +852 2521 1215
Closing Date: March 19, 2019 at 18:00 pm (GMT +8)