Direct to content
Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland

Visas and residence permits - Consulate General of Finland, Hong Kong : Visas and Residence Permits


Consulate General of Finland, 10/F Club Lusitano,
16 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
Tel. +852-2525 5385
English | Suomi | Svenska | 

Visas and residence permits

  1. Make sure whether you need a visa or a residence permit:
  • Visa is meant only for a short-term stay of up to 90 days
  • For a stay of more than 90 days, a residence permit is required. If you intend to work in Finland, a residence permit is usually required even if your stay is shorter than 90 days.
  • Holders of Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and BN(O) passport holders do not need a visa to Schengen-area.
  1. Make sure where to apply and which documents are needed


    The Consulate General of Finland in Hong Kong represents Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden in visa matters and issues visas on their behalf.

    Visa must be applied from the Schengen country that is the main destination of the journey. If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa must be applied for from the country that is the main destination (according to the length or purpose of the stay).

    Foreign nationals who need a Schengen visa for travel to Finland are requested to apply it at the nearest Finnish mission. If you are a resident in Hong Kong or Macau you should apply in the Finland Visa Application Centre in Hong Kong.

    Finland Visa Application Centre in Hong Kong

    Residence permit

    A residence permit is needed if the duration of stay in Finland is longer than 90 days. More information on residence permits: Finnish Immigration Service. Residence permit and work permit matters and applications to other countries and handled in a mission of the country in question. The Consulate General of Finland in Hong Kong handles only residence permit applications to Finland.

    Residence permit must be applied in person at the Finnish mission. An appointment is mandatory.
  2. Please make sure that all information in the visa sticker or residence permit card is correct

    When a visa or residence permit has been granted, please check the information and contact the mission if needed:
  • Personal information: name, surname, passport number
  • Other information: number of entries and duration of stay and validity period
© Consulate General of Finland, Hong Kong | About this site | Contact information